Most people have a daily ritual where dental hygiene is giving priority. Even though brushing and flossing are known to be effective in keeping the teeth clean and free from infection, they may not always be foolproof, especially at the back of the mouth, where the teeth are already harder to reach. Dental Sealants are a great method to help prevent cavities in children, by covering ridges in the teeth and giving them a smooth surface that is easier to brush and floss.
What are Dental Sealants?
Cavities are formed by the erosion of teeth due to the acids left by bacteria and plaque build-up. Cavities get worse without treatment, but most people, especially realize only when the cavity has progressed considerably and causes immense pain. Hence, dental sealants are a thin plastic coating that is applied to the chewing surface of the teeth, which fills in tiny ridges and protects the tooth enamel from decay. Though this is mainly done for children, many adults opt for Dental Sealant treatment in Mumbai, India, as well.
What are the benefits of Dental Sealants?
Dental Sealants come with numerous benefits for patients:
- Forms a protective shield on the tooth
- Prevents the tooth from decaying and forming a cavity
- Protect vulnerable areas of the tooth from decay
- Can protect tooth decay for up to 10 years
- Are medically safe and do not cause side effects
- The application is quick and painless
Who can opt for Dental Sealants?
Dental Sealants are typically recommended to:
- Children with permanent molars
- Children who have baby teeth with deep ridges
- Cavity-prone children
- Adults who face chronic cavities
What is the process of Dental Sealants?
Dental Sealants generally have a fixed process of application:
- The targeted teeth are thoroughly cleaned and dried with an absorbent cotton
- The teeth are then coated with an acid solution to make the surface rough and allow the sealant to stick easily.
- The teeth are washed again and dried thoroughly
- The dental sealant is then applied to the teeth, which automatically hardens
What is the cost of Dental Sealants?
The dental sealant cost in Mumbai, India, depends on the number of teeth to be coated, as well as if any additional treatments are required prior to the dental sealants application. If you already have cavities, they need to be filled before proceeding with dental sealants treatment. Your dental Sealants cost may vary depending upon your customized dental care plan. Get in touch with our dental experts for a personalized treatment plan and estimated cost.
Why choose Surana Dental Care?
Dr.Deepa Surana, one of the best dentists in Mumbai have years of experience in the field of dentistry and provide world-class dental care to each patient. The cutting edge technology at Surana Dental Care allows for a safe treatment that takes into consideration the patient’s requirements, giving them a positive outcome and an additional layer of protection against cavities with dental sealants. Get in touch with our experts and rejuvenate your smile.