Though our teeth are the hardest part of the human body, they are not immune to damage or decay. Many people often find themselves having to undergo a tooth extraction due to a variety of functional reasons, ranging from decay to overcrowding, and more. When all other treatments to preserve or repair the teeth fail, extraction remains the only option, to ensure that further damage does not occur to the tooth or the jaw.
What is the purpose of Tooth Extractions?
Tooth extraction is often the last resort used by dentists, to ensure that no further damage occurs to the targeted tooth or surrounding bone and tissues. There are numerous reasons why teeth may need to be extracted.
- Overcrowding in the mouth may not allow for proper alignment and growth of teeth
- Severe infection that cannot be cured
- Risk of infection due to compromise to the immune system
- Facial trauma such as a fall or accident
- Gum disease that spreads to the surrounding teeth
What is the process of Tooth Extractions?
The tooth extraction procedure steps depend on the type of extraction to be carried out, which is based on your condition.
Local anesthesia will be administered to the targeted area, which numbs the tooth to prevent pain. However, you will still feel pressure. The dentist then uses an instrument to grip the tooth and move it back and forth to loosen it, after which it is removed with forceps.
The dentist administers local anesthesia to the target area. You may also receive general anesthesia in case the procedure is a complex one. The gum around the tooth will be cut with a small incision to expose the roots of the teeth, after which it can be removed.
What are the benefits of Tooth Extractions?
Tooth extractions are incredibly vital in cases where there is no other option but to remove the tooth.
- Protects the surrounding teeth from getting infected
- Removes the source of pain and discomfort in case of broken tooth or nerve damage
- Makes room for proper alignment of teeth
- Allows for replacement of teeth for functional or aesthetic purposes
- Makes space for a dental implant to be placed
What are the risks of Tooth Extractions?
Tooth Extractions carry certain risks, which should be made aware of.
- Accidental damage to nearby teeth
- Damage to the sinuses
- Incomplete extraction, when the root is left in place
What is the cost of Tooth Extractions?
The tooth extraction cost depends on the number of teeth to be extracted, as well as the type of extraction conducted. Our healthcare team evaluates your case and recommends the necessary procedure to be conducted, after which an estimated cost can be calculated. Get in touch with our experts for a consultation on your case.
Why choose Surana Dental Care?
Dr. Deepaone of the best dentists in Mumbai offers personalized, consultative care focused on your unique needs. At Surana Dental Care, with cutting-edge technology and superior techniques, our highly skilled experts are adept at conducting safe and ethical treatments that focus on patient care and comfort. Our focus remains on providing excellent treatments at every step of the way. Get in touch with our expert dentist to discuss your dental problems.