Braces and Aligners
Braces and Aligners are a common form of Cosmetic Dentistry, proven to be incredibly useful in straightening and aligning teeth by applying continuous pressure in strategic areas. There are various types of Braces and Aligners, depending on each person’s medical needs and requirements. While braces were ideally worn mostly be teens, nowadays many adults have been investing in orthodontic treatments as well.
What is the purpose of Braces and Aligners?
Crooked and misaligned teeth can cause a variety of issues, such as bad bite, gum problems, and more. One of the best methods of restoring alignment to teeth is by opting for Braces and Aligners, which are brackets fixed at the front of the teeth, continuously applying pressure and forcing the teeth to straighten. This is the easiest path to getting straighter teeth and helps in preventing future dental problems from surfacing due to lack of medical intervention.
Braces consist of metal brackets being glued to the teeth and fixed with a wire, which is tightened at regular intervals by the dentist. Nowadays, braces are also made of other materials such as ceramic, which are more aesthetically pleasing than metal braces.
Aligners are clear plastic trays that are molded and fit onto your teeth, and removed while eating, brushing, etc. These look natural and can be removable, unlike braces, making many adults opt for them.
What is the process of Braces and Aligners?
- During the first consultation, the dentist assesses your teeth and conveys your treatment options. A mold of your jaw is made, in order to craft a treatment plan for braces or create a set of aligners specific to you.
- The dentist fixes braces by attaching the brackets to your teeth using an adhesive, connecting them with a metal wire and securing them with elastic. The dentist instructs you about the removal and wearing of aligners.
- Regular checkups are conducted, to ensure the teeth are slowly being aligned as desired, and some minor tightening changes may be made.
What are the benefits of Braces and Aligners?
There are a number of Braces and Aligners advantages for optimal dental health:
- Easiest method to straighten teeth
- Prevents bite issues from surfacing, which can destroy teeth
- Allows for thorough oral hygiene
- Results are aesthetically pleasing
- There are options for minimal or zero visibility of aligners
- Prevents gum disease from occurring in the future
What are the risks of Braces and Aligners?
There are a few risks of Braces and Aligners, which patients should be aware of:
- You may temporarily develop mouth sores and gum abrasions
- Strict after-care if required, to ensure they do not get damaged
- Regular adjustment and care is a necessity
What is the cost of Braces and Aligners?
Each type of Braces and Aligners carries its own cost. The Braces and Aligners cost in Mumbai, India depends on the type of brackets you choose, as well as the severity of your condition. You may additionally require some treatment before fitting Braces and Aligners. Get in touch with our experts for a treatment plan and estimated costof Braces and Aligners.
Why choose Surana Dental Care?
Surana Dental Care is the leading dental clinic in Mumbai, India, providing Braces and Aligners of the highest quality. With a strong focus on patient comfort and care, you are assured of a comprehensive treatment that takes into account your treatment goals, in order to achieve a positive outcome. Our specialists are experts in the industry and provide Braces and Aligners treatment in India of the highest standard of excellence.