True to their name, dental bridges help bridge the gap created by missing teeth. Held in place by abutment teeth on the sides of the gap, dental bridges are essentially false teeth called pontics, made of materials such as gold or porcelain. Dental bridges have been revamped since their first prototype, now offering more stable and aesthetically pleasing results that reap long-term benefits.
What is the purpose of Dental Bridges?
Missing one or more teeth causes bite issues, and also make your mouth more susceptible to tooth decay or gum disease. Dental bridges are replacements for these missing teeth, which consist of placing crowns on the teeth that lie on the side of the gap. The false tooth is then placed on these two abutment or anchoring teeth, filling up the gap by replacing the missing tooth. There are 4 types of dental bridges:
- Traditional bridges
- Cantilever bridges
- Maryland bridges
- Implant supported bridge
What is the process of Dental Bridges?
- During your initial visit, the dentist prepares the teeth on either side of the gap by re-contouring the teeth to make space for the crown to be fixed.
- Then, an impression of your teeth and the missing space is created on a mold, based on which a custom bridge can be prepared.
- The dentist places a temporary bridge to protect the prepared teeth until your permanent bridge is made.
- Once the permanent bridge is ready to be fitted, the dentist fixes the bridge in between the gap on either side of the abutment teeth.
- In the case of dental implants, the dentist places an implant as the base, over which the crown is later placed.
What are the benefits of Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges come with their own set of benefits that are both aesthetical and functional in nature.
- Brings back the smile to your face
- Allows you to chew or bite normally
- Corrects issues in the bite
- Maintains the shape of your face
- Does not allow teeth to move from their position
What are the risks of Dental Bridges?
Though there are many dental bridges pros and cons that patients should be aware of.
- Ill-fitting bridges can cause tooth decay
- The bridge can collapse if the supporting teeth are not strong enough
- Cause the adjacent teeth to be shaped, to make space for the crowns
What is the cost of Dental Bridges?
The dental bridges cost depends on the type of dental bridge you wish to get done, as well as the severity of your condition. Our healthcare team thoroughly evaluates your condition before prescribing a treatment plan. Consult our experts for more clarity on your condition, treatment, and estimated costof Dental Bridges.
Why choose Surana Dental Care?
At Surana Dental Care, we maintain a strong focus on providing treatments of the highest quality that achieve patient’s treatment goals and expected outcomes with ease. Our expert Dr. Deepa is adept at diagnosing each condition effectively, providing a personalized treatment catered to your case. With cutting-edge technology, technical expertise, and high-quality bridges, we enable a safe treatment that meets treatments of the highest standard of excellence. Get in touch with our experts to assess your dental health and treatment requirement.