Brushing and flossing are an integral part of oral hygiene. However, even maintaining a good dental routine may not offer foolproof protection from gum disease, which begins in the tiny nooks and corners of the mouth. Periodontal disease or gum disease tends to progress with time, making timely medical intervention and treatment necessary with regular Periodontal Health Exams in Mumbai, India.
What is a Periodontal Health Exam?
As it progresses, Periodontal Disease can spread from the gums to the bones, causing teeth to eventually fall out, without treatment. During a Periodontal Health Exam, the dentist checks the gums, teeth, bite, bone structure, etc. to identify signs of Periodontal Disease. The exam typically includes:
- Visual Examination of mouth structures, such as gums, teeth, etc.
- Extra-oral and Intra-oral examination of the mouth
- Gum bleeding on probing the area
- Microbial assessment if required
- Examination of each tooth for signs of Periodontal Disease
- X-Rays and Periodontal Charting to check for bone loss
What are the benefits of a Periodontal Health Exam?
There are numerous Periodontal Health Exam benefits for patients:
- Allows for early diagnosis and treatment of Periodontal Disease
- Prevents other medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, etc. which can be caused by severe Periodontal Disease
- Ensures you have optimal dental health
- Determines if lifestyle choices may be impacting your oral health
- Prevents tooth loss and decay
Who can opt for a Periodontal Health Exam?
Though each person is encouraged to opt for annual Periodontal Health Exams, it is specifically recommended to people who:
- Have bad lifestyle habits such as smoking, excess alcohol consumption, excessive intake of carbonated drinks and sugar, etc.
- Have a history of Periodontal Disease
- Do not brush or floss their teeth regularly
- Are at hereditary or medical risk of Periodontal Disease
What is the process of a Periodontal Health Exam?
During your initial consultation, a complete medical and dental history is taken by the dentist, to check if you are at risk for Periodontal Disease
The best dentist in Mumbai, India, efficiently checks your mouth for any signs of Periodontal Disease.
The results are shared with you, and further treatment, if required, is planned. The dentist may also discuss any oral hygiene tips with you.
What is the cost of a Periodontal Health Exam?
The Periodontal Health Exam cost in Pune, India depends on the procedures required during the exam. In case any conditions are found, further testing may be required. Get in touch with our experts for an estimated cost and understanding of the exam.
Why choose Surana Dental Care?
Surana Dental Care has served as the primary dental clinic for numerous patients over the years, due to the world-class diagnosis and treatments provided. Our highly-skilled dentist, Dr.Deepa is renowned for her attention to detail andoffers personalized, consultative care focused on your unique needs and goals for restoring your smile with the most suitable option.We at Surana Dental Care use cutting-edge technology and high-quality materials to ensure that dental procedures are safe and precise, giving each patient a comprehensive healthcare treatment of the highest standard of excellence. Get in touch with our experts to evaluate your oral health using advanced technology to determine your options