Most people with crooked teeth often end up hiding their smile, due to the fear of embarrassment. However, more than just a psychological effect that prevents you from smiling fully, crooked teeth can cause a variety of dental issues such as gum disease or tooth decay that develop and progress with time, requiring intense dental treatment. Treating crooked teeth reduces the risk of dental problems that affect your long term oral health, and lets you smile freely.
What are Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth are essentially uneven teeth that are characterized by a few aspects in different people. The condition is classified by a few main aspects:
- Gaps in between teeth
- Overcrowding of teeth
What are the causes of Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth in children are quite common, as the condition develops at a young age and gets worse as they grow into adults until a proper intervention is carried out. Here are some of the main causes of crooked teeth.
- Incorrect jaw, skeletal, or teeth development.
- An incorrect posture of the tongue when sitting idly or eating
- Oral behaviors such as thumb sucking
- Constant use of pacifiers
- Nasal airway obstruction
- Poor lip postures that strain the chin muscles
Crooked Teeth: Symptoms and Signs
There are a few indicators that you may have crooked teeth.
- Abnormal alignment of the teeth
- Abnormal appearance of the face when laughing or smiling
- Speech difficulties, such as lisping
- Difficulty in chewing or swallowing food
- Tension in jaw muscles
How to prevent Crooked Teeth?
Crooked teeth can be prevented in children, by keeping a strict watch over them.
- Stop thumb-sucking the moment you see your child indulge in it
- Make sure to imbibe good dental hygiene values in your child, such as regular brushing
- Catch genetic defects early on, so they can be tackled easily
- In the case of early tooth loss, make sure to consult a dentist
How to diagnose Crooked Teeth?
The dentist takes X-rays off your face, to understand the outer effects of crooked teeth in your case. Jaw impressions will also be taken, by having you bite down on a soft material. This is used to create a mold of your teeth for further studies.
Crooked Teeth: treatment options
Once your condition is appropriately diagnosed, the doctor will sit down to evaluate your oral health and create a treatment plan. At Surana Dental Care, we offer four treatments for crooked teeth.
These are invisible dental implants made of clear, hard plastic, which slowly align your teeth over a specified time span.
This is placed over your tooth, to properly align it with the surrounding teeth.
These are permanently secured on your teeth, for proper alignment
Tooth bonding can fill gaps in between teeth or fix chipped teeth
Why choose Surana Dental Care?
At Surana Dental Care, we offer the highest quality of treatment for crooked teeth. Dr.DeepaSurana, our renowned dentist in Mumbai approaches each patient differently to craft a personalized treatment plan depending on your cosmetic goals and desires. With cutting-edge technology and equipment, we ensure safe and accurate treatments that work towards achieving the desired outcome with ease.